Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Need a database

Power Games Leo Zuckermann I retract Last week I wrote an article critical of the citizens who did not register your cell phone or did so by giving false information. In particular, he questioned the attitude of skeptical citizens, as they believed that the record is not good for anything, refused to register his line. He also criticized those who thought suspicious citizens, as the government would abuse the data, was better not to give truthful information. I admitted that maybe I was naive, but I still believe in our government institutions. Today I admit that I was wrong. Indeed I have sinned naive. What led me to change my position The investigative reporting that made Maria de la Luz Gonzalez published yesterday in El Universal. It turns out that in the neighborhood of Tepito for 12,000 (approximately 153 thousand dollars), anyone interested can buy a packet of information ranging from voter registration across the country, the registration of all vehicles (commercial, luxury public transport and collection) to the prison population and the records of all police photo, badge number and place of assignment. Moreover, the database contains the registration of driver's licenses with photographs issued by local governments, the concessions granted to the taxi plate number and driver identification and registration of the entire prison population the country and the inmates who have earned benefits such as parole or early departure. It also includes any arrest warrants granted to the Attorney General of the Republic. It is a scandal. How did Tepito market these databases Who is the filter Who sells them Who has bought After learning of this information, I am sure that the database of the National Register of Mobile Phone Users will also be available soon in Tepito. And I, of GDP, which registered my cell trusting the authorities.They were right those who doubted the ability of the Mexican state to keep in good stewardship of private data bases. According to the report of Gonzalez: The database contains information Tepito market on date to 2009, as he could see El Universal.

No comments:

Post a Comment